Last week I wrote about the scarcity of water at my house. I still have no water. The city did come by last Saturday and give everyone 260 gallons of water. Considering that it takes 18 gallons to wash dishes, 7 gallons to flush a toilet, 41 gallons to wash a load of clothes and 17 gallons to take a shower--that isn't much water. So the photo above is to show how creative I have become.It is rainy season here in Oaxaca and it rains (usually pours) every day. One day last week as I saw the rain pouring down from my roof, I decided that I would use any large container that I had and try to catch some of that water. I can only use that water for the bathrooms but every little bit helps.
I was also looking through an old U.S. magazine last week and came across the following Campbell's soup ad. They sure didn't consult anyone in Oaxaca before they ran this ad!
The print below the soup can is hard to read but it says " We figured you have plenty of water at home".I will have a reprieve from worrying about water this next week. We leave for the annual missionary retreat in the state of Queretaro, where they are not having a water problem. Therefore I will not be posting anything on this blog until I return--the week of July 13. Please be in prayer for us as we rest, reflect and listen to what God is telling us.

1 comment:
No water . . . I'd have problems with that. Hearing about your situation makes me realize how much we take for granted every day. We were with Mark and Stephanie tonight, and they were talking about cooking in Santo Domingo with miners' lamps on their foreheads during the frequent blackouts. When I was a kid in the Sudan, we didn't have either running water or electricity, but we were set up not to expect it, and I think that's easier than living a life where we think we'll have utilities and then they don't work. I'll be praying that the water situation gets resolved.
Post a Comment