
This document is what I used to get back into the country of Mexico when I returned from my short home assignment last week. It is called an FM 3 visa. It is what allows missionaries to live and minister in Mexico. You can see that my FM 3 visa looks quite worn and used. That is because I have had it for 5 years. Every five years it must be totally renewed. This means that I have to submit a multitude of applications, photos, fingerprints, letters from Chicago and letters from the national Covenant Church of Mexico. I also need to travel to Mexico City for a final meeting with Immigration. The entire process takes several weeks at best.
After all of these items have been sent to the Mexican Department of Immigration, they decide whether or not to grant me a new visa. Without this visa, I can not minister in Mexico. The granting of a visa is not automatic--even with all of the correct papers filled out and submitted.
This is a prayer request since recently several missionaries here in Oaxaca have not been able to renew their visas. Please pray that God would work in the hearts of the Mexican immigration officials and that they would grant me a new visa. Please also pray that my new visa would be received in a timely manner. I need the visa or at least a legal paper saying that it is in process before I leave for Queteraro on July 4. There are several military check points along the highway and they can ask to see passports, visas, car papers, and check luggage at these locations.

1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that you're safely home and will definitely be praying that everything will work out so that you may continue to call Oaxaca your home. God bless you as you pick up your work load again. It was great to have you at Faith Covenant last Sunday!
Post a Comment