
Jesus said "I am the Bread of Life" John 6:48
Bread, in one form or another, is an important staple in almost every country around the world. How good it is to know that God has given us the true bread--the Bread of Life--in His son Jesus Christ.
How many of you have your own bread man that delivers fresh bread to your front door? I would imagine not very many of you do.
Every Thursday morning between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. my doorbell rings. When I open the door, my bread man is there waiting for me with loaves of bread baked that morning. He gets up at the crack of dawn and travels by bus from his home in the mountains. In his hand is a large basket full of delicious, fresh loaves of bread. Not only does he travel far to get to my neighborhood, but he is impeccably dressed in good pants and a vest. He greets me with a warm handshake and after I receive my bread he says "God bless you." If I am not home, he remembers where a friend lives and goes to her house to see if I left a message that she should buy bread for me. If she isn't home, he comes to my house asking about her.
When I cut a slice of the bread, toast it and butter it, I smile as I think of my bread man and the blessing that he leaves me with each Thursday morning.

1 comment:
That bread sounds delicious! It looks like a very fat pita.
Post a Comment