After
the national church annual meeting in Puebla, we headed off further
north for our annual missionary business meeting and retreat. This is
the only time that all of the Covenant missionaries in Mexico are
together at the same time and it was also the last retreat that I would
be attending. The retreat was held in the state of Queretaro in the
town of Tequisquiapan. With few exceptions we have had the missionary
retreat at this location for most of my years in Mexico.
The
Las Cavas Hotel is a quiet, family owned hotel where I was able to
relax, fellowship with other missionaries, reflect on God's word and
enjoy God's beautiful creation. Always included is a trip to the small
town nearby that specializes in hand woven baskets.
The view from my room.
A
highlight of the retreat, although I have no photos of the event, was a
Farewell Night that was held for me. It was a wonderful mix of
laughter, tears, memories, prayers, songs and fellowship of the
wonderful missionaries that I have served alongside of for the past
fourteen years.
But...my journey did not end at the retreat. Stay tuned for further summer travels.
No comments:
Post a Comment