Thursday, March 07, 2013

Back to the isthmus

If it seems like I write a lot about the isthmus, it's because in the last month I have been to the isthmus three times!  Two times with a mission group and once for a pastors' meeting.  On one of my trips, we found these very exotic looking flowers and I couldn't resist having my photo taken while holding one.  God's creation never ceases to amaze me.

This is a photo of the Semillas de Salud (Seeds of Health) team that we work with when we have a mission group interested in community health.  The gringos are Cindy Hoover, me, and Ben Wickstrom--all Covenant missionaries in Oaxaca.
The members of the Siloe church prepared a delicious meal for the mission team members.
Every Monday in all Mexican schools, there is a flag presentation ceremony.  These pre-schoolers are all dressed up to participate in this ceremony.  They even had a drum corp.
Even the teachers at the Frida Kahlo pre-school had their blood tested for diabetes and anemia.
The teachers wore traditional Tehuantepec clothing on the last day that the mission team was at the pre-school.





No comments: