
I just returned from the isthmus region of Oaxaca where I was with a mission trip group. As our ministry project we did health screenings at several schools. I thought I'd share some of the week in pictures with you. The above photo is of me giving an offering taken by a children's V.B.S. to members of Semillas de Salud (Seeds of Health). Semillas de Salud is the Christian organization that we were working with during the week.

One of the schools where we did health screenings was in the tiny town of Buenos Aires. This town also has a boarding school where children from higher up in the mountains live during the week because there are no schools in their town. This is lunchtime at the boarding school. On one of the days in Buenos Aires we ate lunch with the children and the food was quite tasty.

We had brought a "Proclaimer", a solar powered tape player, that allowed the children to listen to the Bible. They were fascinated by this device. The bars on the windows are typical on most buildings in Mexico.

I was called into duty to do finger sticks for anemia testing. I was not a very popular person that day!

A future Oaxacan doctor and patient.

The youngest child that we saw. This precious little girl was one month old. This particular town had an early intervention program for all children birth to pre-school.

We surely did not starve during the week. On the last day we went to a seafood restaurant on the beach. This giant fish smothered in tomatoes and onions was just one of the many things that we were served.
No comments:
Post a Comment