Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Let the mountains sing together for joy



This is a view of the Sierra Juarez mountains in Oaxaca. These mountains can be seen from almost anywhere in the city of Oaxaca.



This is a view of the Rocky Mountains, the mountain chain that can be seen from the city of Denver.

I am presently in Denver, looking at these mountains. I am in the United States on a short home assignment and am talking to churches about what God is doing in Oaxaca, Mexico.

Both mountain ranges are high--up to altitudes of 14,000 feet and both were wonderfully created by God. As I gaze up at the mountains--whether from my home in Oaxaca or from Denver, Colorado, I am reminded of Psalm 98:8 "Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy."

1 comment:

Judi said...

Have a wonderful time visiting the West. We look forward to seeing you at the end of May!