Saturday, April 20, 2013

Moving

Yes, that is correct.  After eight years of living in my house in Oaxaca, Mexico, I am moving.  I am actually moving to the apartment where I first lived when I arrived in Oaxaca in 2003.

I have had my "on-line garage sale" that most missionaries have because of security reasons.  There is no just putting an ad in the paper and letting anyone into your front yard.  I have given away other things and I have packed up my belongings and they are in boxes waiting for moving day.

Instead of my huge house with its beautiful garden, I will now be living in a furnished two bedroom apartment---but still with a beautiful garden.

My cat, Henry, had to find another home because the apartment's owner lives on the property and has two dogs.  That was hard but I am excited to enter a new phase of my time here in Mexico.

So right now most of my rooms look like this:



1 comment:

Judi said...

SIR nitsefiatesCca saysWe are thinking of you as you settle into your new home. I imagine that this move may be a part of your transition to moving back to Chicago and retirement, so it may come with lots of emotions, both positive and difficult. May God give you grace each day and a sense of fulfillment as you carry out your work. It has been a blessing to us to be able to keep up with your experiences and relationships during your time in Mexico.