Covenant missionaries serving in Mexico at our annual missionary retreat. We had a wonderful time of relaxation, rest, spiritual refreshment and learning.I thought it might be fun to show you some photos of what Oaxacan missionaries do for fun. As you can see, most activities include food--Oaxaca is not so very different than the U.S. in that respect. So...here are some of our fun activities this past summer.
Sharing dessert with friends from Wycliffe.
Playing pick up sticks. Other games we enjoy are Farkle, Speed Scrabble and SkipBo.
I wasn't very good at pick up sticks. I guess I forgot how to play!
Relaxing with music in Tehuantepec.
A U.S. style barbecue in my backyard.
A visit to the Zaachila church would not be complete without Chabelita's ice cream. My favorite is nuez (nut) and tuna---yes tuna. However tuna in Spanish is prickly pear cactus. The fish tuna is "atun".
1 comment:
You so casually mention that "the roads were closed due to demonstrations." I think you'd be bored by life in Wheaton! :-)
Post a Comment